Welcome aboard the Moorings 403PC, a power catamaran that redefines the pleasure of sailing.
Here are six of the good reasons to consider buying this exceptional boat.
- Speed and power: The Moorings 403PC has a cruising speed of 15 knots! This means you can get to idyllic anchorages quickly and explore more cruising areas during your owner trips with The Moorings. The Moorings 403PC is powered by twin 320hp Yanmar in-line engines, guaranteeing unrivalled reliability. Yanmar, the world-renowned engine manufacturer, is the choice for all of our 750 boats. Our certified technicians will maintain your engines to the highest standards.
- Reduced fuel consumption: Motor catamarans stand out for their fuel efficiency. Thanks to better water penetration and a stepped hull that offers enhanced performance, the Moorings 403PC has minimal fuel consumption. At 15 knots light displacement, each engine consumes just 30 litres per hour, and around 40 litres per hour when the boat is fully loaded.
- The owner's cabin of your dreams: the Moorings 403PC, as the last number of its name indicates, is only available in a 3-cabin owner's version. As an owner, you'll enjoy all the space of the starboard hull, with a large bed (as big as the one on its big brother, the Moorings 464PC), a desk, a large wardrobe and, above all, a very large forward head. On the port side, the two additional guest cabins have two large double beds, another head and plenty of light.
- The surface area of the flybridge and interior living spaces: This model probably has the largest flybridge in its category. It can comfortably accommodate the entire crew (we even had a press conference with 25 journalists, all seated!). The Moorings 403PC's flybridge features a superb helm station, a large area with a table for eating or enjoying an aperitif, an outside bar with a grill and fridge, and a large aft sundeck. All this is protected by an innovative rigid bimini, which we'll come back to in the next section! It should also be noted that, as with all catamarans, the interior living spaces are much larger than on a yacht with a single hull of equivalent size.
- A transition to energy freedom: the new Moorings 403 Powercat draws its DNA from the new range of motor catamarans launched by Leopard Catamarans. This two-hulled motor yacht is a breakthrough compared to previous generations, particularly regarding onboard energy management. Aware of the need to produce ever more energy on board while minimising the use of the generator, the Simonis & Voogd design studio has taken steps to integrate more solar panels onboard this latest model. The feature is hidden at the very top of the structure, with a new rigid bimini mould on the flybridge, which can now accommodate 4 x 400-watt solar panels! By comparison, the Moorings 434PC (the previous entry-level power model from Moorings) offered just 2 x 70 watts, so that's 11 times more in 2023 than in 2013! Does this make it possible to be self-sufficient in energy when moored? The answer is yes, as long as you don't use the air conditioning, which still uses too much energy in the tropics to cool the whole boat. To give you an idea, even with bad weather conditions, we found that in the rain there's enough energy to run the American-style fridge, which isn't bad, is it?
- Nomination for 'European Powerboat of the Year': Proof of all the qualities mentioned above, the Moorings 403PC has been nominated for one of the world's most prestigious awards: the 'European Powerboat of the Year'. The jury is made up of a number of European journalists, experts in the field of navigation, from renowned publications such as Boote (Germany), Neptune (France), Nautica y Yates (Spain), Marina CH (Switzerland), Yachtrevue (Austria), Båtmagasinet (Norway), BoatMag (Italy) and Motorboot (Netherlands).
The Moorings 403PC is much more than just a boat, it's the result of years of work between The Moorings, Robertson & Caine and Simonis & Voogd Design. If you're looking for the perfect combination of speed, fuel efficiency, space and comfort, this power catamaran is for you. Embark on an unparalleled adventure and let yourself be seduced by the elegance and performance of the Moorings 403PC.
Click on the button below to find out about the special offer to buy this boat with yacht ownership at The Moorings!